I Got That Alumni Email.

Thursday, December 20, 2012

I'm cleaning out my backpack, and clearing off my laptop of what was my life for four and a half years. I'm saying good-bye to the papers and tests and parking tickets that the University of Tennessee so kindly issued to me a time or two. Paying off those tickets really struck a nerve, but guess what? I DID IT! Graduating college is a milestone that signifies the end to a long, important chapter of my life. I'm sure in the next few weeks I will endure some emotional development brought about by a change of pace, a change in support system, and a change in my lifestyle. It's time that I search for  and find — a job that suits and satisfies my personal and professional skills. The adjustment may be difficult at times, but it will also be exciting.

These past four years I have learned the true meaning of patience. Sixteen page research papers don't research themselves, and they certainly don't research themselves in one night. I've mastered multi-tasking, organizing, and note-taking. And I've learned what it means to be thorough. Those are things that will help me on a professional level, but more importantly, I'm going to take away things to help me on a personal level. I've learned the significance of setting goals for myself and the value of achieving them. I've learned to be kind and helpful to one another. Make sure to balance life, always look ahead, and don't be afraid to make mistakes. All of which I will take with me in my next endeavors. All valuable life lessons.

I couldn't have made it to the end without the continual support and unconditional love from my parents and friends. They supported me not only financially, but emotionally as well. They were constantly pushing me to keep my head up and to do the best that I can do. They're my rock. I wouldn't be where I am today without them. Thank you Mom and Dad, I love you.


I got some gorgeous gifts for graduation. Rings, other jewelry, flowers, frames, and a car.
Yes, a car! I am in love. If I were the type to name my cars, I would name her Black Beauty.
But I'm not that type, so the Pathfinder will remain nameless. And beautiful.

On a Hallowed hill in Tennessee,
Like Beacon shining bright,
The stately walls of old U.T.
Rise glorious to the sight.
So here's to you, old Tennessee,
Our Alma Mater true.
We pledge our love and harmony,
Our loyalty to you.

So there you have it, friends, I am officially a graduate of THE University of Tennessee. #GoVols

post signature

19 comments:

  1. I LOVE your new car. When I bought my Explorer that is one that I looked at. And I am the type to name my car, she is Big Red. :) Too bad you didn't get Lebron in all of your gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so proudddddd of my stunning la la Lauren!! Congratulations, my love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So proud of you, Lauren! I went to Oklahoma State. It got real when they sent me an email to let me know they would be SHUTTING OFF my email. 40k and I don't even get to keep the dang email?! Such crap. You're going to feel like a new woman as a graduate ;) I had so much more free time! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your college graduation!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your graduation!!! I just graduated this December as well and it is CRAZY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations! That's such a huge accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on a big achievement! That car is Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I wish my graduation was as soon. :( seems like forever away. Can't come soon enough.

    xo
    katrina

    p.s. LOVE your blog :)

    follow me
    kateemari3.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations love!!! Proud of you!
    Love the new car!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations! So happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on graduating! It feels great to complete such an accomplishment. I chose not to walk across the stage for my associates degree but I'm pretty sure I'll walk the stage for my bachelor's degree in 2014. That will give me more than enough time to prepare myself!

    I couldn't imagine writing 16 pages worth of research! AHH! I can't even commitment to completing a 2 page paper in my management class. It's too overwhelming!

    Your new car is beautiful! =) I actually want a new car, or a car period. Its just that I have the worst luck with cars!

    Have a Merry Christmas!

    ♥Carrie
    http://ilovebeingonline.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations! Cheers to a new chapter in life ;)
    (And what a gift girl!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations + happy holidays!! Also, that car is awesome!
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lauren!!

    I love this post. I am graduating in Spring of this year and starting real life after (and grad school) and its so cool to read about your experience. I hope you had a splendid holiday. Love your blog!!

    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations, Lauren! Your car is proof that your parents are very proud of your achievement. I can already the see the adventures you’ll have with your car, from job hunting to landing the career you long for. The next thing you know, you’ll be independent enough to pay for your car needs and shopping sprees! ^.~

    Stelle Courney

    ReplyDelete
  16. You thought of a name for your car but you don’t have any plans of giving it a name? Anyway, we all have different opinions about naming our cars, and you’re just one of those who don’t like the idea. With or without a name, a car will still be a car.

    -Erwin Calverley

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on graduating and your gorgeous car and your upcoming adventures! Being done with school is the best thing EVER!! :) Love your blog, I am your newest follower, YAY!
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I kick myself when I miss your posts. I KNOW I HAVE YOU ADDED TO MY BLOGROLL!!! seriously, congrats on graduation. You made it way further than my left school to snowboard ass did and I always wish I had stuck it out and graduated.

    Now that you are qualified, come be my nanny?? I pay well. with vodka.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I live about an hour outside of Knoxville. It's so nice to find more Tennessee bloggers. You're blog is so refreshing and inspiring. Keep it up! Glad I found you!

    xo- Shelbey

    www.loveshelbey.com

    ReplyDelete

I love you guys.