Happy.

Friday, December 7, 2012

It's as simple as choosing to be happy. Choose to take advantage of opportunities to learn how to be happy. Choose to be in environments and around people that increase your happiness. 

Attitude is the central influence in your life. Everything you do and everything you feel are both decisions and choices that affect your attitude. Happiness depends on your attitude. Do what you enjoy, enjoy what you do, and don't do it for money or glory. Live for the now and don't dwell on what went wrong, what was, or what could have been. If you can't be happy today, what makes you think tomorrow will be different? 

Take a step back and re-evaluate your goals. This is your life. You are free to revise and edit as you go. Think positively and have an open mind. Be yourself. Live to be spontaneous, natural, and real. Say what you think and do what you feel. Don't worry what others think about you.

Find meaning and a purpose in life. Find happiness. Choose to be happy.


19 comments:

  1. Great reminder. Definitely bookmarking this for those days when I'm feeling down!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am! You know this post is one of my favorites :) Have a great weekend! Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could not have found better words!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post :) I'm always about choosing to be happy and just letting go of the negative thoughts/feelings.

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great post. But good lord, she looks PERFECT here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this : ) You know how to speak right to my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  7. love me some k. stew - your blog is so inspiring! :)

    -Emma
    chasingtexas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Need to constantly remind myself of this always.

    ReplyDelete
  9. absolutely. my cousin who studies taoism and Buddhism says that in order to find happiness, you must be in the present -- you can't change the past and you can't predict the future so the only thing you can do is be in the present. so simple yet so true.

    ReplyDelete
  10. K.Stew looks so pretty when she smiles with teeth ~ why doesn't she do it more often?!

    Happy Friday, love!

    ReplyDelete
  11. thank you; i needed a reminder.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks friend! I definitely am choosing to be happy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is exactly what I needed to hear this morning. Thank you!
    Christine
    Mavy May Designs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I totally agree! Good and bad things happen to everyone no matter what, but happiness is a choice. What a beautiful post.

    PS I'm your 500th follower!! Awesome! I love your blog - let's be blog friends?

    Brooke

    liningthecloudswithsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Lauren!!

    I just came across your site and I have to say I adore your blog!! This post is so lovely and so right!! Choosing to be happy is the way to go, my blog is about happiness too :-) Let's be friends. Want to trade buttons?

    XO Jenna
    Demureindiamonds.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love you guys.