We The People.

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"We should not be concerned about finding out what is wrong with America, but we should be finding what is right about America and should be speaking optimistically and enthusiastically."


"Men may fail in this country, earthquakes may come, seas may heave beyond their bounds, there may be great drought, disaster, and hardship, but this nation, founded on principles laid down by men whom God raised up, will never fail. This is the cradle of humanity, where life on this earth began in the Garden of Eden. This is the place of the new Jerusalem. This is the place the Lord said is favored above all other nations in all the world. This is the place where the Savior will come to His temple. This is the favored land in all the world. I repeat, men may fail, but this nation won’t fail. I have faith in America; you and I must have faith in America, if we understand the teachings of the gospel of Jesus Christ. We are living in a day when we must pay heed to these challenges. I plead with you not to preach pessimism. Preach that this is the greatest country in all the world. This is the favored land. This is the land of our forefathers. It is the nation that will stand despite whatever trials or crises it may yet have to pass through."
   Harold B. Lee     



In times we may not agree. In times we may conflict with great controversy. But at the end of the day, we are all united. We must never forget those who have laid down their lives so that we are able to exert our freedom and our voices. Our choices. So you don't agree with who is President? Quite frankly, neither do I, but I will continue to love this country. I will continue to believe in this country. And I will continue to show my gratitude towards all that we do have.

  post signature

10 comments:

  1. I know that you and I do not agree on many things and maybe we never will but I would like to voice my support for this and for you! Because working together and difference of opinions is what makes our country great! Thank you for reminding us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. You said it very well. I wish people can just stop bashing and start supporting each other. Oh, and be tactful about what they're saying.

    xo,
    janmloves.blogspot.com
    I'm having a giveaway on my blog if you're interested :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nicely said, miss. It's truly sad how hurtful, rude and tactless people are handling themselves after the results of the election. We might not all agree, but I for one am glad I live in a country where we all have the right to our own opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate your thoughts. This is a hard thing for many of us to accept, but what good does this do if we're all divided? Thanks for also quoting Harold B Lee. He was an incredible man. This land truly is a chosen land that God has set apart.

    If you're interested in learning more about what Harold B Lee believed and taught, you can visit here: www.mormon.org

    Rachel :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully written, Lauren. And like many others said, A-to-the-MEN, sister!! We are so fortunate in America yet we let ugly polarizing politics divide us. Hopefully now that we're post-election, we can value unity again, if at least for the next four years. Thanks for sharing this post!
    Southern Living, Our Way ~ www.alexaandglenn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha I started blogging awhile too but I like yours better mine's a little messy...... I think it's cause I'm a boy..

    http://shristophercale.wordpress.com/2012/10/15/the-tickler/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this post!!! Incredible quote. Cute blog!

    New follower!

    ReplyDelete

I love you guys.