Give Thanks.

Thursday, November 22, 2012


I'm thankful for... my family. They have provided me with a remarkable childhood that I will never forget. It was full of barbies, ponies, dresses, and gymnastics classes. Growing up, we were lucky to have my mom home every day when we got off the school bus, and Dad was always home before dinner. We would throw football, watch movies, and travel together. But most importantly, we would spend quality time together. Throughout life they have equipped me with the privilege of a car, a cell phone, a computer, and clothes. They have given me a place to live, food to eat, and a bed to sleep in. For that, I am thankful. They have provided me with an education, insight, wisdom, and encouragement. I will forever be grateful for that.

I'm thankful for... my faith. It is my foundation in life. Though I don't talk about it often, it's a great deal of who I am. I firmly believe that Jesus paid the ultimate sacrifice for my sins, so that I can spend eternity in Heaven. I believe that He loves and accepts me. I also believe that He forgives me. In all that I do, He offers His forgiveness. I've seen Him work wonders in my life, thus, resulting in ultimate faith that He lives in my heart.

I'm thankful for... Nick. I prayed for him before we met, not knowing who he'd be. And after months of an inner-battle with myself about commitment, I gave in. Best decision I have ever made. Sometimes I am grumpy and head-strong, but he balances me out. His patience is admirable and something to be envied. He is a passionate, driven, and a hard-working man. He's tech-savvy and musically inclined, and has a strange video-game obsession, but we won't go there. We're in no hurry to seal the deal, but we do know this - our future together is bright.

I'm thankful for... my education. It was a grueling process with many major changes along the way. I was often consumed with papers, projects, studying, and tests. But in the end, it's all worth it. I can now say good-bye to life as a waitress and embrace what the real-world has to offer me. Praying that God presents me with an opportunity that I can't resist. And one that will provide me with a substantial income.

I'm thankful for... friends. Friends are hard to come by, nowadays. I've learned over the course of my twenty-three years that when it comes to friends, quality trumps quantity. I may have only a handful of friends, but those friends are the ones that will endure with me the ups and downs of life. We may fuss and we may fight, but what it boils down to is unwavering loyalty. 

I'm thankful for... food. peace. love. travel. animals. freedom. blogging. life.


post signature

3 comments:

  1. I love everything you are thankful for. Happy thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great list. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this list :) glad i found your blog! love it! xox

    ReplyDelete

I love you guys.